Friday, October 8, 2010

on the football field


last night at Timpanogos's High School football game, one of my students, a linebacker, honored me on the field. (now put the pieces together: hormonal and a surprise like that? water works.) the coach found me at school and made sure i was going (cornering me was more like it.) so i showed up and all of a sudden my name is being broadcasted at the game and ordering me to the field...


as i walk onto the field, there's my student, with a gift basket in the middle of the field. the announcer is reading off my student's written little speech about me. so embarrassing.  i didn't know this student even liked my class.  he slept and ate most of the time...i hope i didn't embarrass him when i hugged him in front of the whole student body....

my parents even came.  (hence the pictures.)  and a little more embarrassing as i'm sure teachers that come to football games to be honored get pictures taken by their parents...oye.

this was something small that the football team did, but holy cow it meant so much.  being so nauseous in the mornings, i feel like i'm giving my students less than decent.  but this cute 3 second "honor" was reassuring.  i love what i do.  i love high school.  (as a teacher mind you.) and i love Timpanogos High. i'm on cloud nine for the moment and i'm going to enjoy it.  it's even making me physically feel better. so be it!