Tuesday, February 21, 2012

man of the house


Jake's new job is taking all of his time.  All.of.it.  He leaves for work early, comes home late, and even some weekends.  Especially this weekend he worked all through the holiday.  So Myer has been filling in as the man of the house and forcibly, my date.  Even though he is the best sidekick I could ever ask for, it's tiring.  I don't know how single moms do it.  My hat is off to you ladies.  There is no break from 7 AM, to when he goes bed at night.  And there's everything else you have to keep up with too-- grocery shopping, cleaning the house, paying bills, laundry, cooking, etc.  By the time M's bedtime rolls around I can't even pick up the house after.  I'm glued to the couch basically from exhaustion.  And it starts all over the next day.  I really shouldn't be surprised I woke up with an awesome head cold today.  Oh, and yes, there are no sick days either.  Oye.