Monday, December 17, 2012

looking out and up


This was a heavy weekend as I'm sure we are all aware.  I hurried home from work on Friday, and hugged and hugged this little person that I was so fortunate to come home to.  He breaths life into my soul and fulfills me as a mother.  I came home fearful that the world is getting scary, scarier each day so how do I let Myer grow up in such a state?  How do I let him go to school?  To a movie theatre?  But fear cannot control us.  We must live.  Live and love and do the best we can so that we will always be together, forever.  There is love in this world as those teachers showed saving lives.  I've always looked to this quote from Gordon B. Hinckley in times of frustration and sadness, and it ever rings true again: 

"Stop looking for the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight."

I hope I can teach my children to love always and have the hope to believe in their future.  I am not so good at this as I learned as mother to a newborn... so I hope they can become better than me.  The sunlight is always better than gray skies anyways.