Wednesday, May 21, 2014

a letter {to lennon}

Lennon,

Hey girl.  I love you so much.  And I'm not just saying that because I missed your last month's letter......life got a little busy.  But that just means I have more for this letter!

At 8 months you're crawling.  Backwards, but still crawling.  You can get up on your hands and knees to rock back and forth.  So we're working on the forth part.  You're legs are also working on standing.  You can grab my hands and pull up to a stand. You can't completely balance on your own yet, but you like to stand by the table or other things that are you height to hold onto.  I think we're going to have to lower the crib soon.

So far you have 3 teeth-- two bottom and one on top.  I can see two more coming in so that number may change.  While we are on the subject of your mouth, you like to eat.  You love peas, squash, sweet potatoes, papaya, carrots, pears, avocados, and zucchini.  We're working on a sippy cup with water and you'll drink out of it as long as we clap for you after. 

The cutest thing you are doing lately is a sort of clap.  But it's only one hand and it slaps the top of your other hand.  So precious.  You are normally quiet and reserved, but as soon as you get comfortable, you are loud and very talkative.  (Hmmm, that sounds a little like your mother....)  It mostly happens when we are all talking and you want in on the conversation.  Or when we are in quiet church and you like to hear your voice echo in the chapel.  It's always a wonderful surprise.  When you are gabbing, the sounds you make are "dadadada" and a lot of high pitch soft squeals.  And if you want one of us to notice you, you give a little laugh to start something.  Myer is always game.

I can already see the girl in you--how you turn pages in books, how excited you get every time we walk in my closet to touch my clothes, how soft you place your hands on people's faces, how you are drawn to cute stuffed animal toys, and how cuddly snuggly you are.  I forget how soon these mannerisms show up and it gets me every time.

You are still very much a mama's girl.  I have some serious buff arms holding you all day.  We have a special bond that melts me so I can never put you down.  Please love me like this always. 

-your mama