Tuesday, August 18, 2015


 Things just happened waaaay tooooo fast.  We bought a lot in Spanish Fork! And we just moved into my parent's basement.  Life has been a moving train since July.  Let me explain...

I got home from Girls Camp and Jake told me he's been looking at houses again (he's always looking so I didn't really pay attention to it.)  Then a few days later he seriously looked at me and said, "I think we need to buy a house.  And I think we need to be seriously looking in Spanish Fork.  I find myself only looking there."  I didn't want to change paths yet-- I loved our neighborhood, my friends, the ward, my YW (especially my YW) and everything we had in American Fork.  I could see myself there for a few more years. Jake suggested I pray about it.  So I did.  And as clear as day I got this answer that we needed to be in Spanish Fork and soon.  I cried.  I didn't want to move down there.  And I wasn't ready to say goodbye to people yet.  So I went on Trek and I kinda tested my answer to see if we really should move and when.  Silly me.  Those 3 days were filled with reminders for the answer I already got.  By the end of it I was like, okay okay I'll go where You want me to go. 

We got a realtor and drove down to Spanish Fork the following week.  I also had a feeling what area we should look at, which was more of a newer area so we had to look at builders.  We met with two and we were not feeling it.  It was a rather disappointing.  Then we drove down the hill and on the side there was a sign from FlagShip homes advertising a new community so we pulled over.  Only the model home was built with a few spec houses.  We walked through them and fell in love with their standard features and style.  Totally me.  We stood on our soon-to-be lot and felt so good.  It felt like home.  And hi, the view kinda sealed the deal.  It was now all official.  They told us we would most likely move in at the end of October or early November.

A few days later, we sat crunching numbers and trying to figure out how we can afford "the extra costs" of building.  Jake said, "Something just needs to fall in our lap because we are doing all we can."  My mom called and offered their basement to us to help us save some money.  Truly an answer to prayers.  We hurried and called our Landlord and gave our 30 days notice and started things in motion.  But, that meant moving out 3 months sooner than we planned.  My time just got cut way short and I freaked out. Well and I cried actually.  I told my sweet Laurels the following day (Sunday) and Bishop.  I had this huge activity planned, the Book of Mormon Read-a-Thon, with the YM and YW so I thought, here is my final act of service for them and my goodbye.  I packed and cleaned, packed and cleaned, as quickly as I could.  Just 20 days later we were moved out with most of our stuff in storage, and the rest with us in the basement like nomads we are.  It all happened so fast!  And it broke my heart.  Each box that I packed, I cried.  Each Sunday I heard my YW stand and recite the Theme, I cried.  Each neighbor that reached out to help, I cried.  When I got released, I cried.  When I walked through our empty home one last time, I bawled. 
All the help we received on moving day was incredible.  A lot of people showed up.  My beautiful YW showed up with cleaning supplies to help me!  We were all done by 11:45 AM. Gosh, if you ever want to feel loved, I guess you need to move.

 I know we are supposed to be in Spanish Fork.  And I know it's right because it all happened so quickly, but it is still hard.  I don't know the reasons yet, but we'll just follow because I've learned in the past, when we let Heavenly Father take the lead, it always works out better than I could have figured out on my own.  And, hopefully soon I'll feel like I belong in Relief Society again!

Here's to a new adventure.