Thursday, September 22, 2011

a letter


Myer-
Yay! 6 months today!  I like to think this is a pretty big deal considering we've made it half of a year, and this being one of the best half year's yet!  And here's why:

You are moving tons.  You can roll over to your tummy and back.  In fact you like to practice that while napping.  That's been loads of fun...And now you are trying to crawl.  You can fully push up on your arms, but you're legs still don't have the hang of it yet.  And how do we know this?  Well, because you're moving backwards!  And in circles.  Should I be worried?  And my favorite one that just happened this week is you can sit up.  You finally figured out how to balance all that chub.  Fat 0, Myer 1.

We have already started solids.  How could I not when every time your dad and I eat, you watch each spoonful, chomp on your two teeth, and reach for our food?  So I gave in.  Ever since then you are more content.  It was like you felt left out on our little secret.  So far you've had rice cereal, sweet potatoes, squash, yams, and you're-not-so-favorite green beans.  We are going to try again though!

The best thing lately is when you get excited, you open your mouth wide and wiggle your whole body. It makes Dad sure happy when he comes home for work to see that kind of welcome.  And your grandpa's and grandma's think so to.  And let's not lie, it melts my heart.  Love you so much.  Can't wait to see what the rest of the year has in store for us.  But I honestly don't know how it can be any better than this.
-Mom