Tuesday, June 26, 2012

a letter


Myer-

We've hit 15 months just last Friday.  And I swear we're going on 15 years.  So much growing up these past few months but in this letter, I want to share with you the little things you are doing:

You like to dance in a circle while saying, "dancin dancin"..  Randomly.  I never taught you, even though your father wouldn't put it past me, you somehow picked that up on your own.

You like to find my eyes and nose while saying "Ay?" and "No?"

When we read books, you hold onto my hand that turns the page.  And sometimes you rub it.

You like to eat by yourself with spoons and forks.  My kitchen floor has never been dirtier.

Every time we come inside, you think I'm putting you down for a nap.  So you sadly say, "nye nye" like your prepping yourself.   

You are a mama's boy.  

I can't hide eating from you.  Every time you see me, I hear in a high pitch voice "hhmm hhmm" and then your immediately by my side with reaching hands.  This also happens in our church sacrament meeting...totally awesome.

You've worn through two pairs of shoes.  But only the big toe area. 

We have a few books that we sign.  And you know to look at me for the sign before we turn the page.  

When I can't find my phone, I catch you "calling" someone.  You have the phone in one hand, while the other hands waves around, and you babble in a high pitch voice.  

Speaking of my phone, you like to look at the pictures I have on it.  You like to name who you see, and you especially like finding yourself.  

You are a perfectionist.  You get upset if something is just not so.  You get that from me...sorry.

You think every little girl you see is your cousin Navy by screaming, "nay nay! nay nay!"

The very moment you wake up, you sign FOOD and MILK.  Priorities.

You are terrified of the vacuum, blender, mixer, and blow dryer.  But you don't even bat an eye to fire engine sirens, oversized trucks, or lawn mowers.

When you spot my shoes, you sign OUTSIDE and say, "outee? outee?"

Now I know why you need all this sleep.  Now I know why you eat all this food.  It's because you are growing so much.  I say that in every letter, but it's true.  It's no longer me doing everything for you-- you are feeding yourself, you can walk where you want to go, picking your own toys, deciding what book to read, and deciding what you want to do.  I love being a mom witnessing this because as a sister or babysitter, I just thought "of course they get big."  But no, it's every day you get big.  Stop.  I love this age so you can just stay here.  I like my "outee" and sad "nye nye".  And I like my Myer.

Love you,
Mom