Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Playa Del Carmen!

I think another word for "paradise" is Playa Del Carmen.  We soaked in the white sand, turquoise water, and the hot hot sun.  Or maybe it was our resort that we stayed at--the Mayan Palace.  It was beautiful.  I don't know if we'll ever stay in as nice as place as that ever again.  So we took advantage!  We slept in, ate when we wanted, worked out at the gym together, napped on the beach, jumped from pool to pool, ate dinner really really late (because we didn't have to work around bedtimes!) and then sacked out ourselves no matter how late.  It was just me and Jake.  No schedules.  I want to go back!

And the best part was, we flew down in First Class.  On our first flight to Dallas we were in the back of the plane (above).  Right by the engine.  But then on our connecting flight to Cancun, they gave away our tickets to people on stand-by so they upgraded us to First Class.  There was leg and elbow room, and warm towelettes.  And a meal.  Now that's how you fly.

The reef was close to the beach so they had 3 piers that led you out to the clear water and soft sand.  Jake was a regular.  And me too.
Everything was giant size-- the pool, the market/boutique (two pictures up), restaurants, and even the planters.  So exotic!
The resort was covered in Jungle.  All the pathways were these wooden walkways that twisted and turned through all the foliage.  Our hotel room looked out to all this greenery and it was not a bad sight to wake up to every morning.
It was a vacation that I will never forget.  It's been hard coming back, so good thing for my babies and their sweet hugs or else I'd be on a plane first thing in the morning.  What mattered most to me was my one-on one time with Jake.  I love this man.  I love him more than I did when we got married so I felt spoiled being with just him for 7 days.  We talked about silly things like "what's your favorite birthday memory?"  or "what vegetable would you eliminate?" and "what oreo should they make next?".  Some serious stuff.  It was just what we needed and we felt lucky to have this trip given to us for free.  Thank you Landvoice for your generosity and a trip of a lifetime!