Tuesday, August 12, 2014

post reunion blues

 Last weekend we had our Annual Thacker Family Reunion (my dad's family) with 60 of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids.  It was a big loud group!  The first day they spent at Seven Peaks and then stayed the weekend in what we called "The Mansion" in Mapelton.  It was huge and had every kind of room imaginable.  But it fit all of us which was quite the endeavor.
 We spent the rest of the weekend playing games, cheering on the talents in the talent show, ate loads of food, swam in the indoor pool, played in the indoor gym, laughed at the lip sync contest, and slept just a little.  I love this huge family of mine because they treated my kids like one of their own.  They held Lennon as often as she would let them, and played with Myer hours upon hours.  Myer felt like one of the immediate cousins.  I mean look at this family!  I love them all!