Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's Day

 
Not only did I get to sleep in, breakfast in bed, and the cutest homemade cards, but I GOT A BIKE!  Jake totally surprised me!  I honestly thought I was getting a bunch of frying pans and kitchen stuff.  (Because all my kitchen stuff is from when we got married.  So ya, I was thinking it was time for an upgrade.)  We immediately went for a ride, all of us in our pj's, and rode around the neighborhood.  Myer was thrilled to find out I actually could ride a bike and complimented my "new found" talents. It's a bike that can ride in the mountains and on the streets so looks like I'll be trying some mountain trails with my boys...

Then we had dinner at my moms with all my siblings, their spouses, and kids. It's been a while since we've all been together.  It was loud, crazy, and just how it should be.  Myer played with his cousins and Jessie's dogs, and Lennon loved all the attention.  I quite frankly loved that I didn't have to cook! 
Then Elder Thacker gave us a call!  THE BEST.  (Jake went home the kids so I face-timed him in on the phone call.)  I am so dang proud of my brother.  He is in a tough situation with his jaw and his companion, but he was so positive, optimistic, and full of faith.  I could see him not only living the gospel, but being the gospel.  It shines out of him.  His quick sense of humor is still there along with a slight Filipino accent (so cute!)  I loved hearing his testimony is Tagalog.  So proud of him learning that language in just 9 months.  So again-- we were all together.  We are all in different places in our lives but we are there supporting each other.  I feel genuine love from and for my siblings.  They are examples to me in their stages of life, and I draw courage from each of them.  Parents included!
It was an awesome weekend with the temple, hanging with my family, riding my bike, and getting a hello from the Philippines.  I miss my two sisters and little brother already, but good thing for emails and face time.